- Mushroom Compost is a great all-around compost mix that can provide your veggie garden with everything it needs.
- It is rich in organic matter and ideal for the establishment of a healthy veggie garden.
- Composed of straw, chicken manure, peat and gypsum.
- Supports various types of plant growth, in particular roses, veggies, flowers, fruit trees and palms.
- Provides plants with nutrients as it breaks down, optimising plant growth.
- Allows water to penetrate evenly, allowing moisture to reach all sections of your garden soil.
- Helps retain soil moisture – especially during hot, dry summers.
- Protects your soil from erosion.
- Reduces evaporation of water from the soil.
- Encourages earthworms and beneficial soil microbes, creating healthy growing conditions.
- Prevents the transference of soil-borne plant diseases.
- Spread 100mm – 300mm of Mushroom Compost into the soil surface to establish your new garden.
- Note: You cannot plant directly into Mushroom Compost as there is a risk of ‘burning’ plants. Please mix this through existing soil before planting. If you require a planting blend you can use immediately, utilise our Veggie Mix. Not suitable for native gardens.
|1 Scoop 0.33m||$35.00|
|2 Scoops Trailer||$70.00|
|3 Scoops 1m3||$105.00|
When applying compost it is important to use simple precautions:
- Wear gloves
- Keep the mix damp
- Avoid inhaling the mix
- Wash your hands thoroughly after use
Use the product calculator to work out how much soil or mulch you need.
Conversion of 6x4 trailer load to cubic metres
- 1 Trailer Load = 0.7 cubic metres
- 1 ½ Trailer Loads = 1.0 cubic metres
- 3 Trailer Loads = 2.0 cubic metres
- 4 ½ trailer loads = 3.0 cubic metres
If you are not sure how much soil you will need for the job, using big strides, pace out the length and the width of the area in question. When you have this multiply the length by the width and multiply by the required depth. This is not the exact measurement but it will give you a guide to the quantity you will be needing. e.g one pace approx one metre.